Ethan had been begging to go to McDonald's to have lunch and play so I told him that tomorrow we would go for lunch. That evening he said "I wish I could go to bed so I could wake up and go to McDonald's". And so the next morning he got up and followed me around all morning asking if it was time yet. And I would say no a little while longer and finally he said "Mom could you just put a timer on for me so I can see when it is time?" I set the timer on the microwave for 30 minutes so I would for sure be ready when it went off and he sat himself in right in front that clock and watched it for 20 minutes stright until I told him it was time.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Waiting is hard to do
Ethan had been begging to go to McDonald's to have lunch and play so I told him that tomorrow we would go for lunch. That evening he said "I wish I could go to bed so I could wake up and go to McDonald's". And so the next morning he got up and followed me around all morning asking if it was time yet. And I would say no a little while longer and finally he said "Mom could you just put a timer on for me so I can see when it is time?" I set the timer on the microwave for 30 minutes so I would for sure be ready when it went off and he sat himself in right in front that clock and watched it for 20 minutes stright until I told him it was time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh! That is funny. It is crazy sometimes what will make our kids actually sit still for a while!
Post a Comment