Sunday, March 22, 2009

Late Night horse hunt


It was just about 8 o'clock on Saturday night the sun had gone done for the day and I was getting the kids ready for bed, when I got the call. It was my brother Jason he was out of town and when he is out of town I am on horse duty. And he says to me "have you seen the horses lately" I had seen them earlier when I feed them but that was around 1:30. So then he tells me had a call from a neighbor asking if his horses were out. So I ran out to see if they were out there (and with all the horses in the neighborhood it's bound to happen and does frequently) and when I got outside I saw that the gate was just hanging open which was not like that when I had feed them earlier. So I ran back inside to tell Jason and figure out how I was suppose to catch the horses by myself, of course the horses would get out when Jason is out of town. So I got myself a bucket of grain and out I went to find the horses. Luckily there are just 2 and the neighbors that had called Jason had already found the horses and caught Drake and I just had to guide Dusty home oh I was soo grateful for them. With so many horses around it like we have our very own neighborhood horses patrol which is great because everyone is looking out for each others animals.

No comments: