Monday, April 20, 2009

Soccer season begins


It was a balmy 43 degrees with a wind chill making it feel about 35 degree and in this most wonderful Iowa spring weather I got to watch my children play soccer for an hour and a half! Wahoo I am so lucky, aren't you so jewlous? Oh your not? That's too bad I was going to invite you out to the next freezer session.

Ok I've had my fun, if I could skip over the wonderful weather we had for the start of the soccer season my kids kicked butt! Ethan's game was first and I just have to preface last year's games to this year just so you could get the picture. Ethan loved to play soccer and did pretty well with the ball and then the game came...and Ethan would wonder around on the field and then frequently come to tell me he needed batteries or that he needed new eyes. There just wasn't much playing going on. So this year he was running down the field with the best of them and he helped to score a couple goal with his team winning 7-0. He did awesome!

Now Katia has always loved playing and has really kicked it up this year she use to be a little shy about getting up into the crowd to get the ball, but now she is running after it kicking it, and even drove it half way down the field! Now her team didn't make out quite as well tonight losing 0-5. But there is always next game and I am sooo proud of her!

1 comment:

KC and DL said...

you awesome soccer mom! sounds like a lot of fun!