Joe started at Garmin on about June 14th, so he moved down here with the idea of moving in with this guy who had a room for rent. Not his preference but he met with him and then looked to see if there were some other options, with not a lot of options with out paying ALOT he ended up in this guys house. But in the mean time the guy had rented the room to someone else, but he was nice enough to give Joe a place to stay until he could find something else. Which ended up being a futon almost in the kitchen, not the most ideal living situation. When I came down to visit we found a long term stay hotel Joe could stay at and after of week of that we were worried that it was going to cost us a lot of money for him to stay there until we found a house. In the mean time we are running around with our Realtor looking at house (on my visit there) and Pam our wonderful realtor (if your ever move to the area call her) told us of a guy who was selling his condo. He had already let another couple who lost their job live there and they were actually were moving out that weekend, she got a hold of this guy and he said Joe could live there for just the cost of utilities! What a wonderful blessing that was.
Fast forward a few weeks of me running back and forth and alone and with the kids (they missed their dad :(
We come to my current visit, we are getting close to the time when we need a house so we can register the kids for school and get settled before it starts. Joe and I were heading out early to meet our Realtor to see some houses, I had parked my car on the side street so the drive way was clear if someone came to see the condo while we were gone. Oh and this is just some special information I just couldn't pass up saying. When I got to Olathe I drove around checking out houses and my car started acting funny. It ended up in the shop and after 3 phone call I had racked up a bill of $994.00 on front brakes, tire rod, and back brake hoses. OUCH!! We drove it back to the condo and like I had said parked it and went out on a date. When we left this morning Joe looked at my car that was busted up so bad it was pushed into the car behind it. (and yes my car was by the curb before)And in disbelief he said "hon, isn't that your car?!" We had a hit and run on our 1994 car that we just spent almost $1000 on. It would be an understatement to say I have bad luck. Especially after this plus 2 flat tires in the last month. :/

1 comment:
I can't believe it! That really is some baaad luck. So sorry about all that!
Post a Comment