Saturday, July 12, 2008

Days of our lives: The house saga part 1

When people see me I get asked two questions almost all the time: How are you? and How is your house coming along?. So I thought I would let the saga unfold on my blog. I posted some picture here of the house as of right now. And will keep updating until it's done and then I can show you some fun before and after pictures (hopefully really soon)!

Joe's office (it's a tiny room so I'll have to find another spot for my stuff)
Bathroom/laundry room: I have to tell you the story about this room I am feeling a little miffed about and as you can see it is painted. Well one day I came over to count all the outlet boxed and light switches and so forth. Well when I came to this room I noticed there was no light switch or outlet (and I did paint this room by myself and did not notice until later). And also the electrical cord that is suppose to connect the light bar over the sink is hanging over the toilet!!! I did find out there is a light switch box that was so carelessly covered by the drywaller and there is most likely an outlet there. And the special treat is going to finding them without ripping out the brand new drywall. And as far as the cord hanging in the wrong place we have not come up with any "good" ideas (there has been a few bad ones "hang a really long one that extends over the sink and toilet").

Pantry outside of the laundryroom/bathroom Kitchen and I just have to say it was the first room I painted because I was both nervous and excited to see the color on the wall and I just love the color everytime I go into the room I am so excied that I picked that green (I struggled alot on which shade of green)

Joe and my bedroom
Katia's room: it was too dark to see but right outside her window you can see Jason's horse Dusty and her baby Drake (born in May)
Bathroom across from my room
Ethan's roomDining room also known as the "room of doors" you can't see very well in the picture but there is a door on every sideLiving room
Front of the house
I wanted to start in the front and move to back but I am still getting a handle on how the picture and post work together hopefully I'll have this all figured out by the time I post next time. :)

2 comments:

KC and DL said...

I can't believe they forgot the hole for the outlets! It is really coming along tho! I LOVE the green. I'm contemplating an apple greenish like that for the playroom. Nice work!

a.k.a. Jack said...

Congratulations! It's all coming together. For some reason the picture of the kitchen and the one with the horse in the background aren't loading for me. Hopefully they will load eventually. I hope all goes smoothly from here on out.