
With Ethan's bad skin issues we had come up with an incentive to help him not to itch. So we decided to take him to The Children's playground in Ankeny. They had plenty of pictures online for him to look at when he needed a little boost (which helped alot). So we finally got to go last week (it took a little longer for us to find the time than I would have liked). And when we got there I was ready to go play with him on all the fun things that they had there. Just to be sure I asked if I could play with him and they said not anymore. They had some parents who were rough housing and other who wouldn't fit in the weight requirement so I just had to watch. What a bummer! But he had a good time anyway. Then it was time for lunch (and we had to get back for swimming lessons) I asked him if he would like to eat here or go to Wendy's. He asked "Do they have chicken nuggets here?" (and being a wise mom I had already studied the menu). Yes they have chicken nuggets. "Do they have ketchup?" he asks. Yes they have ketchup. "Do they have french fries?" he asks. No they don't have french fries. "Can I go inside Wendy's to eat?" And here comes the kicker. I told him he is welcome to eat here and stay 30 more minuets or eat inside of Wendy's but he had to leave in just a minute. And he said "I'll do just one more then we'll go to Wendy's YEAH!". My kids don't get to eat in restaurants very often so it's a real treat. Here are some highlights of our trip. I wish I would have taken pictures at Wendy's he was so cute he was really excited!
Ethan was really excited when the bubble machine started. He had a great time trying to catch the bubbles.
Ethan was really excited when the bubble machine started. He had a great time trying to catch the bubbles.


No comments:
Post a Comment