Saturday, August 2, 2008

Love Birds: Tag by Dana Lee

1. Where did you and your husband meet?
Well this is kind of complicated in our case we meet at church and knew each other for along time, but did really hang out until we had some dance classes together and I had a crush on him (I had a crush on him for along time). Then after his mission is when we really started dating.

2. First thing said?
I'll give you post mission information since that when the interesting things happened. Well since my brother is married to Joe's sister I
was at the airport when he got home so he said "Hi". And I back "Hi" with a smile looking at this hot tall, tan, blond RM! This question is kind hard for me because we knew each other for so long.

3. First date?
Our first date we went out to a movie and it didn't go well. I'll give you a little background on us after he got home from his mission we eventually started to have these long conversation that lasted for hours almost every night, but
the first date we went out on I was kind of nervous (I'm not sure why?!) and I didn't feel well because I was nervous so I didn't talk to him much and by the time we got back he was really upset with me because he thought that I didn't really want to go on the date with him. And I was so shocked I didn't know what to say and didn't tell him that I was really nervous. But a little while later I told him what was going on and everything was back to normal. I'm glad that wasn't the very first time we spent time together we might not have made it marriage!

4. First kiss?
During on of our many long conversations we would have I was laying on the floor and he was sitting next to me and he asked me to c
lose my eyes and he kissed me. He is so sweet!

5. When were "I love you's" said?
I was talking to Leah one night about Joe and it hit me that I loved him, it was late and he was already a sleep so I woke him up and told him. Joe first said it well were not sure when but it was before me we decided.

6. Long or short courtship/engagement?
Our courtship and engagement pretty short. Joe came home from his mission in October and we starting "dating" really shorting after that. We got engaged in late November and married in June.


7. Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged in a hotel room. Now before you all start wondering what why a hotel room I'll tell you the story. Jason and Leah decided to spend the night in a hotel in town for their anniversary and there was a pool there. So Leah had invited me to go swimming with them. And as far as I knew Joe didn't know anything about thi
s. I thought it would be fun to ask Joe to come along. Little did I know what was about to happen. In the pool we were all swimming and having a good time and at one point someone found an empty ring box in the gutter of the pool. And they were all talking about how they wondered why it was there and what had been in it. Me Miss oblivious thought absolutely nothing of it and moved on. Oh and I just have to share what my wonderful brother did to me the night of my engagement (in his defense it was an accident) Jason hit me in the eye with a water filled ball! Well we were all getting hungry and Leah asked me to go order some pizza and Joe said he would come with me to order the pizza. Well I open the door to Leah and Jason's room and there is a dozen roses with some white daisies (daisies are my favorite) and a bag of skittles my favorite candy and a diamond in a ring box (it was a family jewel and I got to pick out my own ring).

8. Where did you get married?
We were married in the Denver, Colorado temple June 12, 1999 for time and eternity

9. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We stayed in Dever for our honeymoon we had decided earlier that we would have another honeymoon in a really fun location later on when we would really enjoy the area. But we did travel around Colorado a little doing things here and there.

10. Where did you make your first home?
We bought a little house in Sioux City, Iowa where we had both grown up and where Joe's job was.
Now I tag Julie.

2 comments:

KC and DL said...

Awesome! That was fun to read, I didn't know about all of that. You guys are such a cute couple!

a.k.a. Jack said...

I love you dress Katrina! Somehow, i never got around to seeing nay of your wedding pictures or hearing your story. That was fun to read. thanks for sharing.
Jenny