Well I guess it's time for another update on the house. I have officially painted every room in the house and all the painting that I have left is the front and back doors which I should be able to accomplish tomorrow morning. I took some more pictures of the finished rooms so you could see the colors. Next I move on to cleaning out the house to make room for carpet which is the saddest part of my saga. The carpet from what I know right now is not going to be in until the 16th and then they will make an appointment for laying it. We are going to try to make the appointment before the carpet comes to make it faster but we'll see how that goes. And on a happy note my sweet husband has been working his finger to the bone (literally) poor guy all his finger are completely sore. I guess it's to be expected when he spends all his time working his brain and typing on a keyboard. Anyways he was managed to put all the outlets in the living room (and found one of the outlets that the lovely wall boarders covered up) and also dunt dunt da dah LIGHT!!!
He has also got electrical outlet in the Katia's room, Ethan's room and the master bedroom and got the fan in. And after two tries of putting the hall light in outside of our bedroom was defeated when he learned that the power for that room passes throught the dining room (which he wanted to work on but couldn't because I hadn't finished painting). So we are on our way!
Here is Joe's office and yeah we have steps. Before I think it was Wednesday last week the only way in the house was to climb up in the front and in the back which made it difficult for those who don't move quite as well. My dad was here last weekend and I got to show him the house, but he had hip replacement last year and I had him climbing a step latter to get into the kitchen. I am just grateful we have a safe way to enter the house for our visitors now.

The dining room: After oh about 5 1/2 hours and two roles of paint tape here is the dining room NOT FINISHED. I have to add a white chair rail yet that I am thinking about begging and pleading my most wonderful older brother who is most talented at corners to do it. (I hope you can see the lines ok, let me know if I should post a closer picture)

Ethan's room: His room turned to be the perfect shade of blue. Do you know how I know? The kids came into his room and said this looks just like the sky! Yesss!! Exactly what I was looking for. Under the window I plan on painting long grass and putting bugs and snakes inter mingled in the grass. 
Master bedroom: My room was a little bit of a struggle for me unlike any other room (can you sense the sarcasm). I had orginally planned on painting my room the same color as the bathroom a cross from my room and just to try the color out when I was painting the bathroom I decided to paint a swatch on the wall just to see. And boy am I glad I did because after a couple of days of looking at it I decided that I hated that color in my bedroom (it was just fine in the bathroom not in my bedroom). So I was on the hunt yet again for a color I loved feeling especially unsure now (I had a gallon and a half of the other color at home). But then I found it the color I would truly be happy with called "Thar she blows". When I told people the name of it they thought I was kidding. It is kind of a funny name. :)

Katia's room: I am soo happy how Katia's room turned out. I was really nervous putting up such a bright pink. But it was great Katia loves it and even Joe came in and said "That's really cute!" I plan of paint flowers of various sizes on the wall that is white (sorry the room is so covered I just painting all the closet doors in her room)

I am not much of a country girl and I don't like living on a dirt road. The dust and sand get all over everything and I miss having a sidewalk to walk on, ride bikes and roller blade. But there are some perks like seeing the horses Dusty and Drake when you look out the window. Last time I posted I told you I would get a picture of the view outside of Katia and my windows. Well here it is (I actually took this outside so you could get a better look at them).
Laundry room/bathroom: This is the bathroom right off the kitchen. The floor is in and the vanity is at least in place. We are moving in the right direction. And we have figured out a none painful way to find the missing outlet and light switch. Yeah! I also have a floor in the other bathroom but I forgot to take a picture I will post it next time. Besides the vanity we got for the other bathroom is too deep and we have to exchange it. :( 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Kitchen: Now you are probably asking yourself: Why is she showing me a picture of a room I can hardly see because it is full of boxes. Well I am so excited because there in hold my kitchen cupboards!!! Hopefully they will be put in this week maybe Monday??? I will post the picture when their in I am very excited and curious on how they will look.

We hope to be moving in about two weeks if all goes well we still will. And don't you worry you'll hear me all the way to where you are I'll be so excited. Wish me luck!!
3 comments:
Your house is all coming together! It's looking really nice. I'm excited for you. The stripes look nice in the dining room. I especially enjoyed your comment about the paint color name. Cam has said several times that he would love to be the one to name the paint colors. He's so funny. He remembers the names of all the paint we've ever chosen. I don't think I'll ever forget that our last bedroom was painted "marzipan" because somehow it keeps coming up. Funny, funny. I'm excited to see your kitchen with the cupboards.
Jenny
Looks like it is moving along! I can feel your excitement in your post. Can not wait to hear you are moving in!!!
It's looking SO great! I'm glad to hear you did the painting. Last time I moved into a "Coleman" house (aka Clay St) all the windows were painted shut. Still couldn't get some of them open as we were moving out. It was funny!
Post a Comment