Tuesday: My kids and I were in a car accident well we were in Ames. It had just been raining and it was just after 5 and the road were busy. We were going to be turning left into the Lowes parking lot and in the lane next to the median there were cars lined up all the way down the block and then a space and three more cars. I looked to see if anyone was coming and I couldn't see any cars so I proceeded to go across when down the street about 5-6 car lengths away was this little black car speeding toward me. I started moving faster across and checking to see how close he was and he didn't seem to be really slowing down when we were hit on the passenger side right in front of the rear tire and we spun around to face the opposite direction. When we first stopped moving Ethan was freaking out and I was totally in panic thinking oh my gosh what is wrong with my baby! And soon found out the crackers he was holding in his hand were now spread all over the car. And after giving him more crackers he was fine. At first we hurt a little bit Ethan's back hurt, Katia's head hurt, and my right side of my back hurt. We were checked out by the firemen and the paramedic who were totally sweet to us. And the other driver was also ok, luckily it was just our cars that were damaged. Our car is not drivable right now because the back rear axle is bent and his car was messed up on the front end. We have not found out what the insurance company is going to do yet about our car being that it is an older car and it has $3800 worth of damage on it as of now. I guess time will tell. I ended up calling my sister-in-law Lisa to come and pick us up (Joe was on his way) and I was trying to remember to get everything I needed from my car is my shaken emotional state. I did remember Katia's swimming stuff, but I did not remember all of Ethan's party supplies that I need the next afternoon. But much blessings were brought my way that day the greatest no one was hurt badly in the accident but I also did not have to worry about all of the party supplies because my brother and sister in-law were at Lowes and able to pick up my things. Yeah! By the way we all seem to be just fine now.
Wednesday: Ethan's 1/2 birthday party

As most of you know Ethan's birthday falls 4 days after Christmas so I had decided to celebrate his birthday as we normally do on a birthday (Special sugar-high cereal of choice, favorite meal, and others things they want to do with in reason and budget). And then to have a party with cake and friends and presents on his half birthday. So that is what we did this week here are some of the high lights.
We made necklaces first, here is Ethan showing off his work.
Then we had an obstacle course they had to weave through the chairs around the tree...
Go down the side and walk on a wavy line...
Then race to the little trikes to ride to the edge of the deck and run down to deck to the next team mate (it was a lot of fun!)

Here is our balloon waddle game, the kids had to try to walk with a balloon in between their legs all the way down and back on the deck.
This is the story that lead up to this video. I took Ethan shopping to find some ideas on what he would like to have and there was one thing he wanted the most a Thomas the train addition to his set. So I decided to call his dad and have him come and pick it up so Ethan had no idea if I got anything or what it was. And Joe had scheduled test for something in the lab already and couldn't change it so he was unable to be there so I thought it would be nice for him so see Ethan open our present. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!Saturday: Katia's baptism

I can't believe my baby just got baptized! I am so proud of her and I wish I could have shown you the joy and pure intense excitement on her face and streaming out from her body. I swear you could just feel it. When she walked out of the water she had the biggest smile on her face and just could hardly control her happiness she bounced into the dressing room, bouncing around so much that it made it a little difficult to dress her and as she went back to the room we were meeting she bounced happily down the hall giggling. I felt like everyone in that room could feel her excitement when she came into the room. What a wonderful blessing to have experienced that. She was a blessing to my spirit that day and I am sure she will continue to be in this way. She made me feel again the joy of being in the gospel. I have been a member my whole life and I think I just get wrapped up in so much through out the week that there are definitely time where church or the gospel never crosses my mind and she has helped to remember how truly important it is in my life.

Here is a picture of all the girls (cousins from left to right): Eliza, Elizabeth, Katia, Charly (honorary cousin), and Sidney

And this picture taken of Katia and I by sweet Sister Dodd, she thought there ought to be a picture of the mother with her child getting baptized.

Sunday:
Katia got up for the first time and bore her testimony, I was sooo proud of her. She was really nervous (she gets that from me). It was short and sweet but I think she felt really good about it.
Whew the end of my long long week of wonderful highs and some suck-o lows.

4 comments:
Whew! What a crazy week you've had! So sorry about the suck-o car accident. I'm glad you are all okay. The photos of green green Iowa make me a little Iowa-sick. And Katia is so beautiful, sounds like a wonderful day for you all. Congrats!
What a week!! You should go take a nap. LOL
Tell Katia congrats on the baptism. She looks so pretty!
We are all glad to hear that you are ok after the accident. That is one of every mothers worst fears I think. Now, you're stuck without a car? That sux!
I think the half birthday idea is a good one that I'm going to have to pass on to my bro & sis in law. They have a baby due on Dec. 26th. Poor Kid!
I am so sorry to hear about your car accident. That is so hard. i am relieved to hear that no one was injured though. I remember the feeling when I was baptized. It was such a special feeling that you never really feel at any other point in your life. It is always fun to see the expression on the kids' faces when they are baptized and know exactly that special feeling that they are feeling. By the way, I love your outfit at her baptism. Good ol' Sis Dodd. I don't know what I'm going to do without her to take pictures of our family. i'm no good at remembering to do so.
Lvoe ya,
JEnny
You and your daughter are both so pretty! I love your hair here too! Its neat to see your wedding pictures and stuff. I wish I could have been there. I had no idea that you had a crush on Joe for so long. Its such a sweet story!
Post a Comment