On Saturday our whole family got together for a picnic at Ada Hyden Park in Ames. We had a really good time biking, roller blading, walking, fishing, boating, playing games. You name it we had about everything there. I really love this park because it has a really great path that lead all around a lake so everyone get a really good workout and very tired kids! It's too far for the kids to ride around by themselves so they had to go with an adult. I ended up going around 3 and a half times. So about the time I went half way around. We had just gotten to the park and I had taken Ethan's trike out of the car and told him the rules on how far he could ride. And as I was getting the rest of the things out of the car and helping Greta find a little silver pin lost on the sidewalk, I thought I haven't seen Ethan come back. So I looked around where we were and no Ethan so I figured he didn't stop where I asked him too and I know which direction he was heading so I jumped on a bike and rode as fast as I could in the direction I hoped and prayed he would be in. And as I came around the bend in the road I heard the wheels of his trike and called for him. But my sweet little boy was having such a good time cruising around the lake, he didn't STOP! I had to jump off my bike and chase after him (I didn't think they could go so fast on one of those). And there was an angel with him a sweet old lady walking her dog saw him riding up to her and asked where his mom was. His response was "I'm meeting her at the tree" (there are trees everywhere). So she decided that he probably was alone and stayed with him to be sure he was safe. I don't know who she was but that day she was my angel. Ok that's making me all emotional. So I forgot to take out my camera until the end of the day but I did get some fun pictures of Joe and the kids on stilts.
Ethan was very cute, every time he took a step he would open his mouth really wide, helped a lot with balance.


At the beginning of the day Joe couldn't walk on stilts and after a little bit of practice he was kicking a soccer ball, I was impressed!
No comments:
Post a Comment