We love our new house so much! But we been having just a small problem if you can say small when talking about having a cricket in the house. Since the house has been vacant for a year (yes it has been a year since we began working on it) we have had some unwanted guests. One cricket had taken up residence in the wall by the front door which is where my living room is and just one room a way from where the computer is. So after I put my kids to bed at night I would sit down to relax and watch a program or do some work on the computer it would begin and this cricket was relently it didn't feel like it even quit or would ever die. And after scouring the internet to find safe effective way to deal with the cricket, I was only left with less hope then when I began. I found one site that told you had to prevent cricket from enter your home, but also told me that once a cricket makes it into your house it could live for weeks!!! Because if it found a way in it can get back out for food and water. Oh yeah, maybe I do want the snow to come. So Joe and I came up with our own method of dealing with the annoying little beasts. We got glue boxes and put them anywhere we had been having problems with cricket, ants, spider and we invested in the best bug invention ever created! The Fly swater! Great for killing all kinds of bugs. So now I can say we have way less problems with crickets and hopefully after a little hard work closing up the house and some yard work to keep them from coming around the house we will be cricket free.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yikes! Good luck with that. We are trying to eliminate our black widows here and we've had to call on the bad boys to come spray. I think it is getting better. Those pesky things...
Post a Comment