While Jason is out of town working I have taken on feeding the horses everyday. My job including putting a bucket of grain in the trough and then put hey into the stall. So in order to get the hey into the stall I have to cut the string that hold it together. I put a pair of scissors into my back pocket so I don't lose them and out I go to feed them. Well yesterday as I went into the barn (in order to get in you have to climb a fence) I put down the bucket of grain so I could climb the fence and get to the trough and I see that one of the horses had pooped in it. And since we had such lovely freezing weather I had to find something to scrap the poop out of the trough. I climbed back over the fence and got a stick and while I was doing a terribly icky irritating job Dusty (the big brown horse) had her head over the fence helping herself to the grain. So I got to climb back over the fence move the grain finish my very "exciting" job then climb back over the fence to get the grain and then get back into the barn to put the grain into the trough (that was exhausting just writing). As I was dumping the grain in Dusty was taking up one half of the trough and I the other and Drake decided to take the scissors out of my back pocket! "Give those back right now" I told him. And he yanked his head back a couple of times to be sure I knew how ornery he could be then he finally dropped them and promptly trotted off to the grain. I don't think it matter what type of living thing you are dealing with a child will act like a child in every situation.Today again I had to pleasure of scooping poop, but this time Dusty decided to give me a run for my money. I usually am on Dusty's right side when feeding her, but today I ended up on the left. And with the cramped quarter in this area of the barn it left me no way to get out unless I wanted to tromp through the poop room and when I say that I really mean it. So after much pushing and her looking back at me like "oh am I in the way" and promptly going back to munching grain, I had to move the trough just enough to squeeze out behind her. Oh what fun we'll have tomorrow in the horse barn wait and see. Hey! (Jingle bells on the brain)
(This is an old picture it's too cold to stand outside to get a new, I wish it really looked like that outside)

1 comment:
Yikes! that is a little scary! Be careful!
Post a Comment