Why is it so cold?? Oh yeah I live in Iowa. Well the weather here I must say I did appreciate quite a bit for the last two weeks (which ended on I think Friday when it began to snow). It was in the sixty's and a few days even into the seventy. Sometimes it felt a little like a terrible tease, Oh maybe it won't get to so cold that my finger feel like they might just fall right off when I step outside of my house. But the inevitable did happen it has gotten cold and fast. And I am just getting over my first cold of the season. It all started with a really sore throat which ended me with almost no voice all weekend, I am grateful for the long weekend I didn't have to teach on Friday which I am sure helped me to recuperate. And now I am almost back to my old self. I'm not sure how I am going to make it through another Iowa winter, I am cold all the time. Joe keeps telling me only two more winters here, and then we'll have a choice where we spend our winter. Where is really the question ??? In ward I grew up in there was a couple who I only saw half of the year, and one time I asked my mom where are they the other half of the year. She told me that they were called "Snowbirds" and that they came to Iowa in the spring and summer and spent the cold months in Florida I think maybe they should be called the "Warm birds". Anyway I think that would be really cool to spend half a year in one place and move to another place the other half of the year, it's totally unrealistic at this point in our lives but it would be cool. Maybe in our retirement years we could spend our time like that, but I think it will not just be two places I want to see the world and explore. I can't wait for Joe to finish school just a year and half left. YEAH!!

2 comments:
This I completely understand. Can you imagine my joy when we moved from there to Florida? Not just anywhere in Florida, but southern Florida, where the only seasons are the wet one and the dry one?! Oh yeah, that was nice!
We still swear we'll be snowbirds one day, or just move back all together. I was nice to live where the snowbirds go.
I love to travel too! I remember many times driving south on I-35 out there thinking that I could just keep going and see where it ends... took all my strength to get off the exit! Iowa can be so gray and dull at times (of course, the summers can be kind of amazing too).
Anyway, hang in there, your time will come! And I'm sure when it does, it will be so much fun for all of you!
It will happen soon, hang it there. just enjoy the things you love about Iowa because there are lots of good things too that you will miss. I TOTALLY understand tho, I'm not missin the Iowa weather right now. how about you come visit me? We were 90 degrees yesterday. I see the christmas trees up at the malls and hear the christmas music, but it sure doesn't feel like christmas.
Post a Comment