Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving


For Thanksgiving this year Joe's side of the family was tired and didn't want to spend the days cooking so they headed off to the Amana Colonies where apparently they have pretty good family style Thanksgiving dinners and to stay in a hotel. As for our family we decided that we would just stay home and celebrate together and we had a really great time and were so glad we did. No traveling and no big bill to pay especially with Christmas right around the corner and my favorite shopping day of the whole year!
We got to play games, watch the Macy's day parade (which I set the Tivo for and was glad when I saw it was 3 hours long), had a fun breakfast of pancakes, decorated the tree, and watched a movie. We had a full day but had a lot of fun. Here are some of the high lights:
When Ethan saw me writing something on my mat he wanted something on his too. So he said "Mom, can you write Ethan not always listening".

I was getting ready to put the turkey in the oven and was planning on using turkey bag to cook it in and remembered buying them so I looked in the logical place where all the baggies and wraps are and they were not there so I looked in all the cupboards because my kids always help put the grocery away. After searching all over the kitchen and my car just in case they fell out I decided to just check and see if Lelia and John had one. Luckily for me they did and I was back in business. Today I was cleaning out the refrigerator of all the old food when I came upon what but the turkey bags I had been looking for. Now what was I thinking not looking in the fridge because obviously they belonged there with a big picture of a turkey on the front.

Here are Ethan and Joe putting lights on my Pre-lite Christmas tree. Had it not been for the extra lights we would have one lonely strand on the bottom. I loved this tree the first year it was great but now I have reconsidered unless I find one that is made right! This tree if there is any lights out or lose the whole strand will not work. And after testing some strands of extra lights found to my totally annoyance that these strands would work even if there were a light missing completely talk about bad craftmenship on my tree!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

KC and DL said...

That looks like so much fun! My favorite thanksgiving have been the ones with just our little family. I love the mats! Ethan is a funny one. At least he is aware he doesn't always listen! :)