Friday, February 6, 2009

The best toys in the world...

...Seem to be not toys at all. I think my kids (and kids in general) have more fun with things that were meant for another purpose and garbage. One of their favorite non-toys is our office chair and I thought this was really fun because they had found a new way to have fun in it.


Also on the toy subject Christmas 2007 Katia got this dance mat and DVD that she played with a few times and forgot about it. Well she had a friend over and her friend saw that she had this mat and said "You have a Bella Dancerella?" and Katia in turn said "A what?! Oh I forgot." So much for the cool toys let's give them boxes, I'm sure they would never forget the cool box they got that they didn't stop playing with until it was so demolished that they couldn't play with it again. Oh well Viva la non-toys!

2 comments:

Julie Beddoes said...

LOL that is so cute! I confess that sometimes when it has come down to chosing to buy one toy or another, I have chosen the toy with the most playable box just for this reason. Their love for non-toys has one definite up side... they are often cheaper!

KC and DL said...

That is awesome! I love it when kids get creative like that. So, an internship in CA??!! Well what are you waiting for? Just do it!! I NEED to know details.

Nice, my word verification is pantie!