Monday, February 9, 2009

Tears for Tacos

I made a laminated poster for our fridge to help my family to know what's for dinner (it has been a great help with dinner plans). So the other night it was on the schedule for tacos but we had three days of left over and no night in sight to eat them because some of our days are a set menu item like Friday night pizza night. So after deciding it would be the best idea to move tacos to a different night I had to tell the kids the change in the menu. And you would thought I told them their favorite stuffed animal has been lost forever! I kind of figured that Ethan would cry because that's just the phase he's in he doesn't get what he wants he cries, but I thought Katia would be a little more understanding, I was wrong it was hysteria for me for several minutes while I tried to explain that we would be having tacos again soon. But I can proudly say I lived through it to cook again another day.

2 comments:

Julie Beddoes said...

Maybe next time you should tell them that they can go ahead and have tacos... if they cook dinner themselves. LOL That doesn't always work though. Some of mine would be more than happy to do it.

KC and DL said...

That is funny! You must make a really mean taco! That menu is super cute by the way. And, we had a movie night last night too!