Sunday, February 1, 2009

Slow days here in Iowa

Things just feel like they are moving at a snail pace lately. Not much really going on other than the norm. Joe went to a career fair for the college of engineering last week to see about an internship for this summer and hopefully we will hear back about from some of the companies in the next few weeks.
And I got called to be a counselor in the Relief Society which totally blows my mind. Do they really know what they've gotten themselves into?! Oh I'm sure I'll do just fine it just is a little nerve racking since I have spent almost my whole adult life serving in the Primary with just a short stop in the Young Women.
Other wise not much to report except that the kids and I need to go have some fun! But there are some fun things coming up really soon so I am looking forward to that.

3 comments:

KC and DL said...

So how about an internship in California? Like say, the inland empire?? :) Congrats on the new calling! Who is the prez these days? I think RS is great, it will be nice for you to be in there for a while. I'm in YW right now. Kyle just got called as the YM prez. Poor dude. We'll never see him again! :(

Katrina said...

Kathy Byrd is the president

Katrina said...

And we have been considering a California internship