
After Ethan was potty trained I continued to put him in a pull-up at night for just-in-case situations and was gratiful I did because he wasn't always dry when he would wake up and there was more nights then I care to mention that his pull-up didn't hold it all in. So after a while of day after day waking up with a dry pull-up I decided to put him in underwear, and he wet in them. After giving him a couple of tries and a few dry days in between we evenually went back to pull-up which were in almost every case dry in the morning. Hurrying through the next year that is the way it would be. Now at almost 5 I was putting him in pull-up and he would be dry and two nights ago I thought maybe he's ready he hasn't wet in his pants in a long time. Well this is where the "illness" comes into play he sleeps in his underwear he wakes up WET and the next night I give him the benefit that he had been dry for a long time and put him into underwear again and 2:30 this morning wet again. I put him in a pull-up tonight and I bet he will wake up dry tomorrow (I'll let you know how it turns out). Why does he pee in his underwear and not his pull-up maybe it's a little boy trick to keep me on my toes, wouldn't want life to become too easy.

1 comment:
I did the same thing when I was his age. My Mom mentioned it to the Doctor and he said to give me a teaspoon of honey at bed each night and I would not do it anymore... there must have been a wink in there that I missed. Never the less we did it every night for a few years it seems, and never wet again. 1970's placebo.
Post a Comment