
Ethan had surgery today on his leg to remove a mole that had become abnormal. They told me it was not cancer but normal and that it could develop into something so it was just best to have it removed. I prepared everthing the night before so we wouldn't have to get up any earlier. I set out Ethan clothes, entertainment for Ethan so he wouldn't think about being hungry(he couldn't eat or drink before surgery) and my clothes, Katia's clothes and everything she needed for school, I even set Joe's alarm so he would wake up in time to get her off to school and then I went to bed. So we were to arrive at the hospital at 6am and I woke up this morning at 6:45. I was in total disbelief my alarm had not gone off and we were late. So I ran around madly to get ready at the same time calling the hospital to tell them what happened and to see if we could still do the presedure. After waiting 5 long minutes for them to call me back to see if they could still fit us in (the surgery was scheduled for 7-7:30) they were able to and we were on our way. Our wonderful doctor who is truly cares pushed back her day to do this surgery for us and I am so grateful. So back to the morning I was trying to figure out why my alarm didn't go off, it was set and then I looked what time it was set for 7:05 the time I usually get up to get Katia to school. I couldn't even believe I hadn't changed the time, but after have plenty of time to ponder it the thought occured to me that maybe it was meant to be like this maybe Ethan needed more sleep inorder to be calm during this scary experience. What ever the reason everything turned out great the surgery went well and Ethan is pretty much back to himself 3 hours post surgery.
They gave him this cute little fox and put on bracelet on the fox just like Ethan's.

2 comments:
Awww... wow that must have been crazy to look at the clock in the morning. I'm glad they fit you in. Breckyn got a fox with her surgery with that same shirt. We got to keep her gown too, because she thought it was a "pretty dress"! I'm glad he is doing well.
I'm so glad that your son is doing okay. You have such beautiful children. You should give me a call sometime, or I can give you a call. My phone is 801-830-9240.
Post a Comment